Welcome to Ms. Varela's Classroom Page!
This will be an exciting school year! We will learn many things through great experiences and from each other.
Please check the above headings in red often for updates of important information.
I am posting student school supplies below. You can find a link to a downloadable/printable page under the red Links/Resources heading above.
Have a wonderful day!
3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade
Children of Peace School Supply List (UPDATED 07/22/2021)
Please write student name (or initials) with permanent marker on everything before student comes to school.
● 5 durable folders (replace as needed)
● 3 packages of wide rule paper (replenish as needed)
● 5 composition notebooks (no spirals)
● 4 packages of 3x5 lined index cards (replenish as needed)
● blue/black erasable pens (replenish as needed)
● red pens (replenish as needed)
● pencils (traditional or mechanical) (replenish as needed)
● LARGE ZIPPERED PENCIL CASE- no boxes
● crayons, colored pencils, and markers
● 6 glue sticks
● 1 pair of student sized scissors
● 2 hand held pencil sharpeners with covers
● basic calculator
● 1 ruler
● 1 dictionary
● 1 Bible (if you don't have one already purchased from the school)
*****Each student will now need:
● 1 small bottle of hand sanitizer for personal student use (Please write name of student and grade on it)
(You might want to purchase a large bottle of hand sanitizer for home to refill the small student personal one when it is empty.)
● Personal packets of tissues for student individual use (Please write name of student on each of them.)
●Personal water bottle (with screw off top) filled with water from home which can be refilled at the school water fountain. No drinking directly from the water fountain.
●Personal face masks- Each student will need to wear a face mask and should have a few spare face masks in case something happens to one of the masks. (Mask gets dirty from sneezing, falls on the floor, etc)
ITEMS TO BE GIVEN TO THE HOMEROOM TEACHER
● 1 box gallon slider close bags
● 1 box quart slider close bags
● 3 rolls of paper towels
● headphones to be kept at school (with student name on it in a labeled baggie)
● 2 pack box of instant ice packs
● box of plain Band-Aids (NO LATEX)
● container of Clorox wipes (to clean desk tops) (replenish as needed)
● 2 packages of 100 lunch sized brown paper bags
● 1 large bottle of hand sanitizer
● 3 boxes of Kleenex (pop up box style so students don’t need to reach inside box)